List from Chapter 3
AIRPORTS TO WHICH WALKING IS ALMOST AN OPTION: U.S. CITIES WHERE DOWNTOWN (CITY HALL) IS CLOSEST TO THE AIRPORT
Smaller cities (especially those which are a part of a large metropolitan area but with their own commercial airport) and cities with older airports tend to be on this list.
1. San Diego, California (2 1/2 miles)
1. San Jose, California (2 1/2 miles)
3. Newark, New Jersey (3 miles)
4. Boston, Massachusetts (3 1/2 miles)
5. Washington, DC (4 miles*)
6. Omaha, Nebraska (4 1/2 miles)
7. Albuquerque, New Mexico (5 miles)
7. Honolulu, Hawaii (5 miles)
7. Phoenix, Arizona (5 miles)
10. Anchorage, Alaska (5 1/2 miles)
10. Fresno, California (5 1/2 miles)
* Distance given is to Ronald Reagan Airport.
Cities listed have at least 250,000 people. Distances are standard driving distances between city hall and the largest airport.
Return to Chapter Three, all Chapters or choose from...
Any questions about the website or specifically for Brandt? Please send them here.
Copyright ©2004 Brandt Maxwell.