LONG TRIPS FOR DIPLOMATS: MOST ISOLATED NATIONAL CAPITAL CITIES
Only a few countries have a national capital city which is more than
500 miles from the nearest national capital. Most of these countries
are island nations (at least not close to islands that are in other
nations). Here are the national capital cities which are the most
distant with the distance to the nearest capital--as the crow
flies--in miles (and nearest capital city in parentheses).
1. Canberra, Australia--1444 (Wellington, New Zealand)
1. Wellington, New Zealand--1444 (Canberra, Australia)
3. Dili, East Timor--1296 (Djakarta, Indonesia)
4. Koror, Palau--1043 (Manila, Philippines)
5. Reykjavik, Iceland--933 (Dublin, Ireland)
6. Brasilia, Brazil--907 (Asuncion, Paraguay)
7. Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea--871 (Honiara, Solomon Islands)
8. Bandar Seri Begawan, Brunei--785 (Manila, Philippines)
9. Honiara, Solomon Islands--776 (Yaren, Nauru)
10. Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia--725 (Beijing, China)
Return to the bonus lists, to the chapters of the book or choose from...
Any questions about the website or specifically for Brandt? Please send them here.
Copyright ©2007 Brandt Maxwell.